Friday, October 5, 2012

Baked Oatmeal


I made this last night so I could have it for breakfast. OH MY. I loved this so much. I was going to try a recipe that my friend Katie Smith had posted on her blog but she put sugar in the directions and salt in the ingredients. I didn't want to take that chance. :D SO! I found this one and made it at like 10 pm. Yes! Here is what I put in it. (I got the recipe from Taste of Homes)

Baked Oatmeal


Ingredients
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
Directions
  • In a large bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
  • Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with milk. Yield: 9 servings.

The recipe said to put in additional milk but I used my last bit of milk making it so I didn't serve it with milk. It was delish none the less. I cut up some peaches and served it that way. I would have had raspberries and/or strawberries but they are all gone. I ate them. So yummy.

Try it one of these mornings! I promise you will like it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! Trying this for lunch today. (Hey, gimme a break, it's conference...breakfast was kinda delayed to lunch today)

    ReplyDelete