Saturday, July 5, 2014

Southwestern Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Oh my. This has been so ridiculously neglected. This has been the last thing on my mind the past two years. Oh goodness. Two years. That is bad.

A lot of things have happened, including me getting married last May (2013) and having a child a week ago (! Crazy right?). I have tried a lot of new foods within this time frame and would love to share some of my favorites with you!

The first one is a chili that I found last summer, right after I married my awesome husband. He loves spicy foods and is still getting used to the Mexican food scene that is out here in Utah (as non-authentic as it is, it still is pretty darn good if you ask me). He is from Buffalo, NY and out there the food is Italian, Irish, German, and Polish for the most part. As a side note, I think that would be awesome to have places like that out here because I am getting tired of the restaurants out in this area.

When I found this chili I was thrilled because I could show Chad the spice of the west. I had pinned this on Pinterest but finally decided to try it. It is a crockpot recipe so you can start it and then leave it.

Southwestern Cream Cheese Chicken Chili

Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can corn, undrained
1 can Rotel, undrained
1 package ranch dressing mix
1 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 8 oz package light cream cheese (It can be normal cream cheese. Honestly, I didn't see it said light until just now... oops. haha)
2 chicken breasts

Directions:
Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve.

It is so easy to do and smells amazing within the first hour. The aroma fills the house full of goodness. I have put shredded cheese in it after it was in my bowl. I have also used crushed tortilla chips for an added crunch.

I hope you enjoy! Now that I am a stay at home mom, hopefully I will be able to work on my blogs more and share more food goodness with you!

Next time:
Vanilla Bean Peach Bunt Cake

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment